Influencer Programs

 photo Screenshot_19_zps7ec257dc.jpg  photo Screenshot_20_zps0fff9149.jpg

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mashed Sweet Potatoes!

So my little guy Jared LOVES Sweet Potatoes. From a very very early time that was his go to veggie.  When I started making picture recipes for my youngest brother I knew this had to be sent to him. He doesn't know how great they can taste! So I wanted to introduce them to him by showing him how easy they can be to prepare.

               Mashed Sweet Potatoes:

     Peel and Dice into 1 1/2 inch cubes: Be careful as these and rutabaga are very hard and difficult to get the first few cuts thru.






  





 Add to water and bring to boil: Make sure water covers all of the potatoes.



Boil for 10 min or until fork tender
Strain and add to bowl
Add 1 stick butter or Margarine (8tbsp)







Mash : This is the tool I use but if you like yours smooth by all means use and electric beater.

Add salt to taste




   This batch served about 8.


Note for everyone. This is how I make my potatoes, rutabaga, and sweet potatoes. We love our mashes to have lumps but this will also work if they are whipped.

This makes great "frosting" for my Meatloaf Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment