Influencer Programs

 photo Screenshot_19_zps7ec257dc.jpg  photo Screenshot_20_zps0fff9149.jpg

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shepard's Pie!

I love love love Shepard's Pie and its super easy too! Its super quick to make and tasty!

What you will need:
  1lb of beef or turkey (have you noticed I prefer turkey yet?)
  1 bag of frozen veggies (be creative use what YOU like)
  Mashed potatoes (this is where I use up any leftover's or make enough for two servings, Hubby is diabetic so we watch the amount of carbs in our foods most of the time) I think I used about 1 cup as that is what I had in the fridge from the Meatloaf Cupcakes
1 spoon flour ( I really don't measure it!)

Heat Oven to 350 (yes this is the temp I use on almost everything)

Brown one pound of your choice of ground meat, add whatever your favorite spice mixture is! (I'll add my spice recipe in another post)
  Add your bag of veggies, I used peas and carrots since that is my toddlers favorite mix.




Once everything is mixed and the veggies start to thaw spray a 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray, add flour to the mix and stir well. 
 Place mixture into pan and spread potatoes on top.
It should look like this. You can add more potatoes if you wish.
I bake mine for about 15 minutes just until the potatoes are hot and the veggies get a little more soft.


This was another big hit with my toddler and I loved it too. Hubby didn't get to try it this time but he loves it any other time.
           Normally I would have added some Worcestershire sauce but I was out today.

Serves 4 generously.  Total cost of this meal was $3.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment