Influencer Programs

 photo Screenshot_19_zps7ec257dc.jpg  photo Screenshot_20_zps0fff9149.jpg

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Easy, Meatless, Filling, and Cheap!

Sometimes I really just want something filling, tasty, and cost effective. So my awesome crock pot chili started.

Ingredients:
Canned Beans- 1 each of Black, Light red Kidney, Dark red Kidney, Navy, and Pinto.  .68 each
Large can crushed Tomato 1.00
Chili Seasonings- I just make my own so it comes straight from the spice rack.
    I use Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili Powder, and Cayenne Pepper to taste.

Directions:
     In a 5 qt crock pot. Drain and rinse the beans and add to crock pot, pour in can of tomatoes, add water to cover beans, add spices. Turn on Low and cook for 8-10 hours.
        Serves 6-10 people.
I like mine several ways. Over baked potatoes, as is, over fries with cheese, in an omelette, or over a burger!
                                 
For under $5.00 I have enough to fill myself and the boys for several days and still have some to freeze for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment