Influencer Programs

 photo Screenshot_19_zps7ec257dc.jpg  photo Screenshot_20_zps0fff9149.jpg

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fresh Blueberry Sauce


This recipe comes from Here. I had another one of those moments of I got to have. I wanted cheesecake with blueberry sauce. Luckily just the other day I picked up a basket of blueberries from my local farmer's market. So on to finding a recipe with ingredients I had on hand and didn't look like I needed to be a rocket scientist to figure out. I love how easy and fast this recipe was. I loved even more that I had everything on hand!! I keep lemons around during fruit season so I can freeze any fruits for this winter. 



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation:

Wash and crush blueberries (that old potato masher works great here); add sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. In a small saucepan, bring blueberry mixture to a boil; boil 1 minute. Add vanilla( I added the vanilla a bit earlier since I don't like the alcohol taste it leaves for me). Chill.
Serve over puddings, cake, or ice cream. OR CHEESECAKE 
I followed this to the letter. (Well maybe I eyeballed it with the lemon juice)  Poured it over some frozen slices of Cheese Cake (yes its a store bought one, its too hot to bake that long!) I plan on using the extra, and there is lots left, for putting over some pancakes in the morning for QC. I just bet he is going to love it! Now for the picture:This is one of those real small mini cheesecakes and it is soo yummy. Yes I am eating as I type this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment